Pages

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

$1,000 Mark (Non-smoking savings)

I'm determined to keep with this non-smoking process, but as time goes on it usually gets further from the immediate part of my consciousness. Today when I went out for lunch today I had quite an acid gut and went for a vegetarian curry at the Rialto. I think the acid gut is Champix related. Recently I've forgotten to take Champix a couple of times and haven't noticed an increase in desire, but even so I don't want to be risking the progress I've already made so I'm trying to keep to the two a day for now.

On the other hand, I do know I'm still hooked, Today was a bit of a relapse in my mental processes. When I left work at lunchtime I immediately thought cigarette; I put it out of my mind and walked up the street. As I walked past the bottom of Khyber Pass I noticed quite an attractive young lady smoking a cigarette. I'm ashamed to say I could tell you how the cigarette looked in her hand and her mouth, I could even tell you how she blew a little cloud of smoke, but was completely oblivious to her chest and trouser areas.

Tonight this site tells me I've saved $1,000 Dollars and change.

Stats Update: 38 days smokefree


Smokefree days: 38 days
Cigarettes NOT smoked: 1140
Total savings: $1,022.20

I've already spent over half of that on my Delonghi Magnifica coffee machine, but from now on it's pure profit :)

An earlier version of this posting was originally published on Quit line on Tuesday 14 October 2014.

No comments: